I’m sure every parent will remember the stress of their baby’s first illness.
I know I will!
For me, it started when Kory had been vomiting, was struggling to keep any of his milk down and I was just feeling awful because I wasn’t sure what to do for the best!
For any parents who haven’t been through this yet, here’s some tips I found helpful:
- Remember that you know your baby best, if you feel like something is wrong or just not right, go with your instinct.
- Don’t feel stupid for taking your baby to the GP or emergency room with any concerns you may have.
- Expect extra cuddles!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Accept that you probably won’t get much done whilst your baby is unwell (the housework can wait!)
- If you usually keep to a routine, drop it. Let your baby feed and sleep whenever they want to.
I hope you found these tips to be helpful! Can you remember your baby’s first illness? What helped you?