Ok, so there’s the lack of sleep, the messy house, the tantrums and the days you feel like you could pull your own hair out! But there’s also the middle-of-the-night-cuddles, the memories you will make, the laughter and the days you feel like your heart could burst with love.
Ask any mum and they will tell you that being a mum is the most difficult and challenging yet most rewarding job in the world.
Here’s what I think are the best things about being a mum:
- Watching them grow. Seeing your child become their own little person with their own personality.
- Watching them learn. After teaching them to say dada or mama and hearing them say it for the first time and seeing the smile on their face.
- Learning important lessons yourself. I love how my son is bringing out the best version of myself, he is teaching me that as a mum, I can learn and grow too, I need to be more patient, kinder and more understanding.
- Pure happiness.
- Unconditional love. The best part about being a mum for me is the love I feel for my child. I never knew I could love someone this much.
- Finding purpose in life. Since becoming a mum, I feel like I have found my purpose in life. My calling. All I want is to be a mum.
What do you think the best things about being a mum are?