The other night me, my mum, my sister (and Kory) all helped to decorate my nan’s Christmas tree. This is something I’ve always done from being a small girl, it’s something that we’ve all always done every year together and it’s a tradition that Kory is beginning to take part in and enjoy now that he’s a little older too.
He’s really excited for Christmas this year!
We all go round to my Nan’s house and we all help to decorate the Christmas tree whilst listening to Christmas music with a takeaway. This Christmas tradition always gets me so excited for Christmas, it really kicks off the festive period for me and it’s when I really start looking forward to Christmas. I can’t wait to put all of our own Christmas decorations up now!
For me, Christmas is all about family and family traditions. Now that I’m a mum myself with a little family of my own, we have some of our own Christmas family traditions. Heres some of them:
- Decorate our Christmas tree whilst listening to Christmas music and drinking hot chocolate
- Put up all the Christmas decorations around the house
- Visit the Christmas markets
- Write a Christmas list and a letter and send them to Father Christmas
- Go and see Father Christmas
- Watch Christmas movies (we have a list of must watch Christmas movies)
- Elf on the shelf
- Decorate a gingerbread house
- New pyjamas ready for Christmas
- Christmas Eve box
Over the festive period I am going to try my very best to write a blog post for each one of our Christmas traditions and share a little more detail about each of them with you.
I am so excited! It really is the most wonderful time of the year…
Do you and your family have any Christmas traditions of your own?