Christmas is a time for giving, sharing and spending time with family. I’m 24 years old now and from being a child I still get so excited for Christmas because there is just so much that I love about this time of the year. So, as part of blogmas I have decided to share with you a list of things that I love about Christmas.
- Listening to Christmas songs. For me there is nothing like hearing your first Christmas song of the year. It really kicks things off and gets me feeling all festive and ready for the holiday season. I especially like hearing Christmas songs when i’m walking round shops doing my Christmas shopping and I like listening to Christmas songs when I’m wrapping presents and decorating the Christmas tree. There’s just something about hearing those songs that makes me feel happy.
- The decorations. Putting up lights and decorating the house and Christmas tree always fills me with warmth and happiness. Once the decorations are up that means Christmas is near!
- Buying presents for loved ones. I definitely get more happiness out of buying a gift for someone that I just know they’re gonna love over receiving a present for myself. I always put a lot of thought into the presents that I buy, I take interest in what that person likes and the things they enjoy and I get all excited when I buy someone something that I know they’re gonna really like and I can never wait to see their face when they see what I’ve bought them!
- Holiday treats. I always buy special treats for over Christmas, like nice chocolates and cakes and I’m gonna be honest with you, I am very much that mum that when someone says ‘can I have one of these’ i say ‘no they’re for Christmas!’ And save all of the treats I’ve bought for Christmas Eve onwards.
- Family time. As I’ve mentioned in my previous post What Christmas means to me Christmas Day is the only time me and my family all sit down together – which is a shame but it is what it is (I go into more detail about this in my previous post.) With that being said, this is why Christmas is so important to me and all the more special. On Christmas Day we all gather for our Christmas dinner, give gifts and enjoy the Christmas festivities together and we all have the best time with one another every year.
- Seeing Kory’s face on Christmas morning. This is the one that’s hard to beat. I absolutely love coming downstairs with my little boy and partner Christmas morning. My partner goes downstairs first to ‘check’ that Father Christmas has been and me and Kory follow after him. After we see that he’s been, we all excitedly run into the living room to gather around the Christmas tree to open all of our presents. I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to see the smile on my boy face Christmas morning.
So those are the things that I love about Christmas. What is it about Christmas that you love the most?