The other day we were all sat watching the movie ‘Elf’ together as a family when suddenly my partner came out with “Elf is the most overrated Christmas film.”
I almost spat my drink across the living room. Firstly, whaaaaaaaaaaaat? How can he even think that?! And secondly, I have been with this man for almost 10 years and I’m only just finding this out about him?! This is kind of a deal breaker!
But jokes aside. How can he think that? I love that movie! And it’s one of my favourites. Which got me thinking of all my favourite Christmas movies… And so I thought I would share them with you:
- Jingle all the way. Quite possibly my all time favourite Christmas movie. I loved this one when I was a kid and I’ve always loved it ever since.
- Home Alone. Who doesn’t love this movie? When I think of Christmas movies Home Alone is often one of the first that comes to mind.
- Home Alone 2. I repeat. Who doesn’t love this movie? Not as good as the first Home Alone movie in my opinion but still a strong contender in my list of my favourite Christmas movies.
- Elf. Obviously!
- I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus. Another one of my favourite Christmas movies from when I was a child.
- The Grinch. For me it isn’t Christmas until I’ve watched The Grinch at least once!
- A Christmas Carol. This timeless classic always warms my heart at Christmas time.
So those are my favourite Christmas movies! What is your favourite Christmas movie?